Cowin COVID-19 Vaccination: How you can Register On-line
India has entered the second phase of the nationwide coronavirus vaccination campaign and has expanded the campaign to include people over 60 and those 45 and over who have certain medical conditions. Beneficiaries can register via CoWIN – a government portal that links each vaccine dose to the recipient – and book an appointment for the vaccine.
Here is a step-by-step guide to registering and booking a vaccination appointment with CoWin:
- People can either register directly via the CoWIN portal or via the Arogya Setu app and book a vaccination appointment.
- Enter your mobile phone number in the CoWin portal and click on the OTP (One Time Password). Enter the OTP received on your phone and click the Verify button.
- If you register via the Aarogya Setu app, switch to the CoWin tab, tap the Vaccination tab and click Next.
- A registration page is displayed where you must enter the beneficiary’s details such as name, year of birth and gender. You will also need to enter the Photo ID Type.
- If the registration is for a senior citizen, click Register. If it is a person with comorbidities, click YES, where the form asks: “Do you have comorbidities (pre-existing illnesses)?”. Beneficiaries in this category must have a medical certificate with them at their vaccine appointment.
- After registration, a confirmation message will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- After registration, the system will display the “Account Details”. On this page, you can add three more beneficiaries by clicking the Add Another button.
- One person can add up to four people linked to a cell phone number.
- You can schedule an appointment by clicking a calendar icon under a column called Action.
- You will then be redirected to the “Book an Appointment for Vaccination” page, where you will be asked to enter the address details of the beneficiaries – state / UT, district, block and pin code. Then click the Search button.
- A list of vaccination centers is displayed based on the search criteria.
- When selecting a center, the available slots (date and capacity) are displayed.
- After selecting the dates, click on “Book”.
- A confirmation page will appear with the message “Appointment Successful”.
- If you want to set a new appointment, you can log in again with your mobile number, enter OTP and make the changes by clicking on the edit icon under the “Action” column for registered persons. If you need to move to another city, you can make changes to find the nearest vaccination center as well.
According to the latest data from the Ministry of Health, more than 1.56 million people in the country have been vaccinated against the contagious virus to date.